The last date to apply for the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Engineering Service Examination (ESE) is on 23 October, 2017. Candidates who wish to take the examination should apply online from their official website: upsconline.nic.in or upsc.gov.in.
The exam which is scheduled for 7 January, 2017 will approximately fill 588 vacancies in various engineering departments of the central government.
In a notification, the commission announced that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each centre except in Delhi, Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur. The centres will be allotted on a “first-apply-first-allot” basis.
For completing the registration, candidates will be required to make a payment of Rs 200. However, female applicants and candidates from scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and physically handicapped categories are exempted from this fee.
To be eligible, candidates must fall in the age bracket of 21-30 years as on 1 August, 2018.
Those who clear the UPSE ESE January 2018 preliminary examination will qualify for the mains exam, the date for which will be declared later on the official website of UPSC.
After that, a personal interview for the selected candidates will be conducted.
Steps to apply for UPSC ESE 2018:
– Go to the official website: upsconline.nic.in
– Click on the link ‘Online application for various examinations of UPSC’
– Click on ‘Part-I’ and then click yes at the bottom of the page
– Fill the relevant details
– In part II, pay the exam fee, select your preferred examination centre, upload your photograph etc.
– Submit your application and save a copy for further reference