General Electric (GE)
Job description / Role
As part of GE Treasury’s Global Operations team, this role will provide functional expertise on disbursement related activities. You will be responsible managing the disbursements & its related process.
– Check and verify cash transactions and investigate and propose possible resolution for any discrepancies
– Manage local bank accounts, and ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational requirements
– Work closely with Treasury office on payment projections cash flow management; maintain the weekly cash disbursements forecast.
– Ensure that all electronic/manual transactions are processed, confirmed and settled in a timely and accurate basis.
– Produce monthly volume/transaction statistics for management information
– Supporting account reconciliations
– Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
– Ensure the support of the statutory and Tax audit, year in year out, and resolve all possible queries.
– Support on reconciling vendor statements (if needed), and identify discrepancies.
– Assist with other projects as needed
– Candidate must have a University degree in accounting, finance or other business related field
– 4+ years of experience in support function, operations or process improvement experience.
– Thorough knowledge of Accounts payable & products and corporate procedures
– Highly organized with demonstrated ability to meet commitments within strict deadlines.
– Strong verbal & written communication skills in English
– Strong process execution and customer service mindset
– Strong interpersonal skills, can-do-attitude / self-starter
– Minimum computer literacy, particularly MS office
Don’t Miss: Best Job in Egypt For Stat & Tax Specialist
– Experience in managing the Accounts payable and related process
– Detailed understanding of common B2P platforms > SSS, GL Prod,
– Cash operations experience
– Independent judgment with strong analytical skills and excellent organizational skills
– Dealing with changing priorities, managing stakeholders & being a strong proactive communicator are prerequisites
– Ability to effectively collaborate across geographical locations, business and functions to deliver on goals & objectives
– Commitment for process execution & improvement;
– Excellent teamwork skills; collaborative approach with peers and team members
– Excellent written & verbal communication skills with ability to interface and influence at multiple levels of the organization.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Egypt; Cairo
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE\’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE\’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it\’s the world\’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world\’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.