Full-Time Other Great Industries Management
Title: Supervisor USA
Location: Superdry Chicago Woodfield Mall, IL
Closing date for applications: 30-11-2017
Hours: Full Time – 40hrs
SuperGroup plc is the owner of Superdry, which is rapidly becoming a global lifestyle brand. Superdry focuses on offering our customers around the world innovative, premium quality and affordable clothing and accessories across menswear, womenswear and specialist ranges. Superdry customers are loyal, varied and truly global, and are defined not by their age but by their attitude.
Superdry was launched in the UK in 2003 following an inspirational trip by our founders to Tokyo, and is famous for designing and producing quality garments inspired by fusing iconic vintage Americana and high-impact Japanese graphic imagery with a British twist. Our products are characterised by quality fabrics with authentic vintage washes, unique detailing, world-leading hand-drawn graphics, and tailored fits with diverse styling. As we continue to develop the breadth and nature of our product ranges, we increasingly appeal to a broader group of customers, aspirational people who want to feel amazing in what they wear and appreciate style, quality and attention to detail.
We operate a fast-growing multi-channel business through a combination of standalone stores, franchised and licensed stores, concessions, ecommerce, wholesale and distributors. We are growing fastest outside of the UK and our international business is going from strength to strength. We now own and operate stores in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden and the USA, with franchised stores in many more countries. We have nearly 600 points of sale in over 45 different countries and are adding to this at a rate of over 50 new locations annually. We have also entered a joint venture with Trendy International Group in China which will launch Superdry stores into the Chinese market.
Our global headquarters are based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK and we have satellite offices in Aarhus, Barcelona, Brussels, Hong Kong, Munich and New York, with specialist sourcing offices in Istanbul and New Delhi. Our biggest growth area is online, where we operate ecommerce websites in over 20 different languages and ship to almost every country in the world.
Our ambition for growth is summarised by our strategic plan which will provide opportunities to drive significant increases in revenue. Our plan focuses on three key areas – building a global lifestyle brand; driving awareness of the breadth of the Superdry range; and building a broad cross-channel relationship with customers. It’s supported by the four key pillars of Embed, Enable, Extend and Execute, which define exactly how we will go about achieving our aims. As our product is at the very heart of what Superdry is all about, we are also focusing hard on our four key product attributes – design detail; quality obsession; innovation; and affordability. More about the detail of our strategic plan, together with our latest business and financial results, can be found on our corporate website www.supergroup.co.uk.
We aspire to be a great place to work and strive every day to make every Superdry store and office location a friendly community with a family feel, with fantastic training and development, and roles that are compelling, stretching and interesting. You can see films of many real Superdry colleagues from across the business talking about their experiences of working here on our careers website, www.careers.superdry.com.
Don’t Miss: Document Controller Job in Dubai
On 26 March 2015, SuperGroup announced the acquisition of our North American business from our former licensee, which immediately gave us an estate of 15 stores and around 250 employees, with revenues of nearly $36m. We have a structured plan in place to return the business to profitability within 2 years, then drive a substantial expansion plan across the US, Canada and Mexico by 2020. We’ll also continue to develop our business in the territory through wholesale and ecommerce channels as we seek to increase our market share.
The role of a Supervisor at Superdry involves supervising, planning and coordinating daily sales floor and stockroom tasks to ensure a smooth operation and outstanding store operational performance. The role focuses on assisting in maximizing and driving store sales and performance through the supervision of the store team, ultimately delivering SuperGroup’s key business objectives.
- Supporting the store in achieving and maximizing sales targets by offering first class customer service, visual merchandising and replenishing stock as required
- Ensuring all staff provide exceptional customer service standards by delivering highly visible and effective customer service on the sales floor, the fitting rooms and at the cash desk
- Supervising, planning, coordinating and undertaking all required shop floor and stock room tasks set by the store management team in an effective and timely manner
- Ensuring store compliance with company policy and procedures, taking a consistent approach with all team members. Ensuring important management information is communicated out to all relevant team members
- Passionately promoting and driving brand image through knowledge of product and visual merchandising ensuring high standards, and ensuring that company guidelines are followed at all times
- Supervising and ensuring cash desk operations, cash handling procedures and transactions are carried out accurately with relevant paperwork completed in accordance with company policy
- Maintaining a safe working environment for staff and customers to ensure their wellbeing, and reporting any Health &Safety concerns to the store management team
- Minimizing loss by ensuring loss prevention procedures are followed at all times and incidents are reported to store management team
- Supervising the sales floor at all times in order to identify and resolve urgent issues
- Supervising stockroom processing and ensuring recalls and transfers are actioned efficiently to maintain effective stock control at all times
What we’re looking for
- Experience of working as a Supervisor within the branded fashion retail industry sector
- Experience of supervising and motivating teams
- Experience of visual merchandising
- Experience of stock management
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office applications
- Competitive package