SAP Middle East & North Africa
Job description / Role
Solution Advisor Expert – SAP Middleware and EIM Technologies – EMEA Job
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP’s Database & Data Management platform organization is essential in helping our customers drive their Digital Transformation by delivering solutions that enable simplification and business led innovation. The SAP Middleware and EIM technologies are crucial to this strategy, providing best in class tools for integrating applications and orchestrating processes across complex SAP and non-SAP landscapes, enabling advanced mining and real-time analytics on process data, and supporting larger HANA-based architectures. The market opportunity for our technologies is huge across the globe, covering every industry and customer segment for existing SAP and even more for non-SAP customers.
The Database and Data Management (D&DM) Center of Excellence is responsible for attainment of EMEA’s D&DM revenue targets through demand generation, enablement, and sales execution based on the Global D&DM Strategy and Plan and provides the leadership in solution excellence for the respective topics. We achieve this goal through:
Delivering Targeted Demand Generation Programs based on clear and regionalized sales messaging on specific Platform Industry Innovations, Enterprise Data Warehousing, Big Data Integration, Process and Information Excellence and Digital Innovation themes like IoT, Blockchain or Machine Learning for specific Products/Market Units/Industries/Segments to ensure alignment with the Global D&DM Plan.
Generating account specific selling and demand plans through Account Strategy and Design-to-Value Workshops on targeted accounts. Supplying “best in region” resources to aid in the execution of must-win sales cycles and Designing and delivering long term GTM strategies.
The Center of Excellence organization is looking to recruit a Solution Advisor Expert – SAP Middleware and EIM Technologies to drive the GTM and Smart Target Plays for the DDM Middleware and EIM products.
This Solution Advisor Expert role is focused on the broad portfolio of SAP’s DDM solutions, supporting DDM sales teams as a subject matter expert in business development and sales execution activities in EMEA South Region. The position requires the full ownership of the D&DM GTM strategy and execution, demand generation as well as deal support and solution excellence advisory, enablement and thought leadership in a fast changing IT industry. This role specifically focusses on driving the Middleware and EIM business and requires the ability to programmatically drive strategic demand generation campaigns as well as tactical initiatives to assure a constant healthy coverage for D&DM portfolio. As part of the Deal Execution Support the role requires a solution excellence focus on at least one primary and one secondary area to support as trusted advisor in customer engagements.
DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
– Drive demand generation, pipeline build strategies and development of initiatives resulting in increased pipeline, revenue, and elevating SAP’s leadership position in the DDM solution segment
– Act as key expert for SAP’s DDM solutions portfolio, with particular focus on Middleware and EIM, and serve as a conduit between Solutions Management, LoB / Industry Solution Groups and field sales organizations to oversee, influence and track the execution of key field sales priorities. Identify, develop, and help execute targeted sales opportunities with prospective customers
– Articulate SAP Middleware and EIM value and broader DDM solutions capabilities – a critical requirement is the ability to position our DDM value proposition in context of the prospect’s business and technical strategies and plans
– Position SAP’s competitive advantage internally to sales teams and externally to customers and partners
– Assist with go-to-market activities and key sales execution tasks including field sales enablement, sales program launches, demand ramp-up, solution configurations, pricing, investment cases, and strategic partnering
– Assume a leadership role in advising solution strategies for targeted sales cycles at prospective customer accounts, including engaging partners in areas such as business development, solution development and solution cross-selling in a region covering markets from leading edge countries to emerging ones
– Execute tactical sales plays tailored to specific target segments and accounts – with consideration to product lifecycle and customer roadmap
– Act as trusted advisor for customers and as a role model for SAP’s values and best practices. Help customers become best-run businesses in their industry
– Provide prospective customers with a roadmap from their current IT environment to SAP-based solutions.
Don’t Miss: Best Job in Malaysia Agent – Customer Service
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
– At least 10 years (+) professional experience with large, global software/IT organizations with demonstrated expertise in at least one solution segment through Solution Management, technical Sales or PreSales, Consulting or Business Development roles
– Solution & Technology expertise and background in Integration, SOA, Business Process Management, Master Data Governance, Database, Analytics and Big Data is a key requirement for this role
– Understanding fast changing technologies and markets and having background and deeper understanding of corporate & enterprise-wide architectures spanning from IoT, Machine Learning to Core ERP, Data Warehousing and Big Data Integration
– Deep knowledge on key Industries, core LOB processes and industry impact of the Digital Business Transformation
– Knowledge and experience on competitive solutions in the areas of Integration and Orchestration, Process Management and Process Mining, Master Data Management and Governance, Database & In-memory DB technology, Analytics, Data Streaming and Information Management.
– Enterprise Architecture, converged infrastructure, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS knowledge and related solution expertise are required.
– Business Development experience for hyper-growth and fast changing products (less than 6months cycle product release) with proven track record in driving constant pipeline creation and progression
– Viewed as a solutions expert within the SAP or Subject Matter Expert community and capable of leveraging an extensive network on behalf of SAP that results in pipeline and revenue growth
– Existing knowledge on SAP’s Middleware and MDM/MDG products is essential
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration or similar is required
– Strong organizational skills to drive complex technology GTM within a highly agile & changing environment
– Strong and proven programmatic skills to build and run campaigns and activities from strategic & operational point of view including management and reporting of campaign KPI’s
– Ability to define and execute a Demand Generation plan by effectively navigate & influence a matrix organization
– Excellent internal & external communication skills in order to clearly articulate the technical and business value & differentiation of SAP HANA Platform scenarios in industry and competitive context
– Excellent presentation skills with customers on C-Level executive as well as technical audience, partners, internal teams, in order to position the value of the D&DM solution portfolio
– Inspiring nature with creative business acumen, out-of-the box thinking, highly self-motivating personality to drive sustainable knowledge build for future business growth
– Foster collaboration within Center of Excellence and the SAP extended team to drive large deal creation, business architecture in order to fully exploit SAP Middleware reach into every market & segment
– Work effectively in a virtual global team environment and generate high impact results across a diverse region
– Deliver on quarterly business results including management reporting and forecasting
– Empathy of cultural and regional difference with the Europe, Middle East and Africa region
– Flexibility in travel where required – approx. 60% to 80%
– Proficiency in spoken and written English
– One other EMEA language is required (Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic)
– Virtual however located in any country in Europe, Middle East or Africa – South
– Planned Location: Spain, Italy, Turkey, South Africa and Middle East (UAE and Saudi Arabia)
– As soon as possible.
– April / May 2018
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT:
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world’s largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP’s product portfolio and extends SAP’s leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.