Accentis Pty Ltd is a Queensland developer of accounting and business management software. Based on Brisbane’s north side, we have been developing software since 1998 and are a very stable, privately-owned company with a close-knit team of developers, support and admin staff. We have gained an exceptional reputation among our customers for being a company that has a philosophy of excellence in both product and service. Our software is used by businesses primarily in Australia but also overseas. We are recognised as one of the best Australian developed solutions for our target market.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a person with a wide range of abilities to join our development team, as a
Every day brings something new and varied, and it is rare that you will be stuck doing the same old thing day in day out.
You will be involved in the full development lifecycle and have the rare opportunity to experience the satisfaction and excitement of following your efforts through from design to implementation and seeing the results in a live operating environment as well as customer support. This opportunity will let you broaden your IT skills and play an integral part in the ongoing development of a successful commercial software package.
- Full-time position
- Starting salary will be from $70k to $90k depending on experience
- Located on Brisbane’s inner North side (Nundah), close to transport & shops
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You must have either experience or an education that will allow you to fulfill the requirements listed below.
We also require current Australian working rights, you must be a local candidate to apply
- Proven programming abilities encompassing MS VB, Visual Studio and SQL Server
- High level of knowledge and experience in writing SQL queries
- Ability to produce neat, tidy and well-documented code
- Familiarity with commercial business management software (e.g. MYOB, Xero, Quickbooks or larger)
- An understanding of how businesses operate and use business management software
- An understanding of accounting or bookkeeping principles
- Good technical writing and documentation abilities
- Web development skills, website maintenance, web interfacing using XML
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports
Highly desired attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you must be able to communicate your ideas or problems clearly and fluently in English
- Good technical and problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail. “Near enough” is not good enough.
- A logical and organised manner with an ability to relate to a real-world environment
Is this the right job for you?
This is a stable and fulfilling position working with a small team in a comfortable atmosphere. Most importantly, we will select the person who not only has the right aptitude, but also the right attitude towards their work and our customers. If you have a sound work ethic and are interested in growing with our company you will share in the rewards that come with being part of a successful business and can become a very important and valued part of the team. If, however, you are after a job that offers little stimulus and encourages you to just cruise through the day, then this job is not for you.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and a copy of your current resume, directly through SEEK.
You may be asked to complete a basic aptitude test as part of the interview process and while this won’t be a deciding factor it will allow us to better understand the depth of your knowledge.
- Applications close Friday, Sept 29, 2017
Accentis Pty Ltd