Job description / Role
Due to project wins, they have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join their growing Research and Development team to assist developing C# code to integrate various security systems including CCTV, Access Control and Radar devices.
Using both managed and unmanaged SDK’s and communication via TCP/IP, the ideal candidate will be actively involved in the development, testing and integration of drivers for PSIM software to communicate with 3rd party hardware and software.
• Implementation of drivers using C# software as of the specifications provided.
• Investigate 3rd party SDK and components.
• Ensure that the solutions you develop are backwards compatible, functionality complete, resilient, stable, secure, fit for purpose and usable.
• Ensure that all solutions within the product have the end customer and ease of use in mind.
• Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
• Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
• Troubleshooting driver related issues onsite.
• Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
• Provide estimates for work to be done within the backlog.
• Work with the Testing Team to achieve the best possible design of features and enhancements.
• Highlight possible improvements as early as possible in the development process.
• Always strive to achieve the very best quality code practicable.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Experience of .Net framework areas such as Reflection, Generics, and Thread.
• Experience using C# and VB.NET, COM, Active X, Windows Forms, WPF, .Net 4 or above, TFS, Windows Server 2008 and later.
• Experience working with WCF.
• Ability to work effectively under strict time constraints and customer deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Able to work in a fast-moving environment and pragmatic approach to changing priorities.
• Object-oriented design and implementation.
• TCP/IP and networking skills.
• Excellent communication and time management skills.
• Excellent understanding of modelling concepts such as UML and object-oriented design and development.
• Attention to detail and ownership of issues.
• Proven IT skills in Windows environments and the Microsoft application stack.
About the Company
SUEZ ranks among the world’s leaders in water and waste management services. With over 82,00 employees and a presence on all five continents, SUEZ is a key player in the circular economy and the sustainable management of resources.
Through its Water businesses, SUEZ performs the design, construction, operation and financing of water treatment plants and systems. SUEZ also provides water treatment solutions for drinking water production, seawater desalination, sludge treatment, and wastewater purification and recycling.
Through its Recycling & Waste Recovery businesses, SUEZ manages waste for cities and industries, serving more than 466,000 industrial and commercial clients worldwide. SUEZ provides recovery solutions for all types of waste, at all stages of the waste cycle – from the collection, sorting, dismantling, recycling and recovery, to specialized services at industrial sites, and marketing of recovered resources.
SUEZ supplies drinking water to 92 million people, delivers wastewater treatment services to 65 million, recovers 16 million tonnes of waste each year and produces 7 TWh of renewable energy.
SUEZ is headquartered in Paris, France, and generated total revenues of 15.3€ billion euros in 2016.