Ignite Search & Selection
Job description / Role
• Prepare various Quantity Surveying documents including budgetary estimates from sketch drawings, Bill of Quantities for all disciplines and Costs Estimates.
• Liaise with Project Directors and attend Tender procedures and prepare Tender Reports.
• Prepare award of contracts, checks contract documents as well as make recommendations of contractor’s valuations.
• Provide assistance to Project Manager on contractual issues.
• Evaluate variations and handle contractual correspondences.
• Attend progress meetings and provide updates Client with projection of costs as required.
• Prepare evaluations/ cost projections of the assignment to meet requirements of works in progress
• Liaise with contractors to advise on requirements of contract
• Inspect site for collation of information for monthly statement which includes but not limited to recommendation on interim payments, statement of claims from contractor, anticipated claims from contractor and assessment of costs of works and expected final cost.
• Prepare variation orders through site visits to record information on claims/variations.
• Perform cost analysis and draw up reports on changes to works and contractor’s claims.
• Assist the Project Manager to prepare and approve contractor’s final accounts.
• Finalize the Final Account of projects.
• Assist in any contracts administration duties related to QS.
Possess a degree in Quantity Surveying
• Min 10 years experience in pre- & post-construction and quantity surveying services including 3 years in the Gulf region
• Familiar with FIDIC
• Knowledge of Gulf region’s contract conditions preferred
• MRICS/ FRICS preferred
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.