Atkins Middle East
Job description / Role
Senior electrical drafters/designers are responsible for preparing technical drawings of medium, large and complex projects electrical systems. During the drawing process, they analyze information provided by engineers. Drafters apply their knowledge of design and engineering to illustrate visual instructions that relate project technical specifications, including dimensions, arrangements and installation procedures. Work is periodically reviewed by the Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer for accomplishment of objectives.
* Core Responsibilities:
• Management and development of electrical drawings detailing the layout and installation of the electrical supporting infrastructure for the project, SLD’s/schematics and wiring diagrams, cable schedules and bulk material requisitions to support the project.
• Application of Industry standard CAD systems (AutoCAD / Microstation) for the production of 2-D electrical drawings and 3-D modelling systems, such as PDS, PDMS or SP3D.
• Managing the development and checking of common electrical design drawings and deliverables including Single Line Diagrams, Block Cable Diagrams, Schematic/Connection Diagrams, General Electrical Equipment Layouts including Sub-station Layouts, Lighting Layouts, Earthing Layouts, Lightning Layouts, Cable & Drum Schedules
• Assist the project Electrical Lead Engineer in management of document (drawing) control system and drawing production schedule planning (set-up and control).
• Maintain a detailed understanding of the activities, procedures and methods associated with electrical systems design development including: Cable Scheduling and Routing Design (above and below ground), Lighting Design (including lighting design software application), Earthing Systems, Hazardous Area Classification, Electrical Bulk Material Take-off and Requisitioning.
• Carry out technical investigations, produce technical reports, engineering standards and procedures
• Keep abreast of developments in electrical engineering and suggest ways to improve efficiency and service
* Core Requirements:
• Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering with at least 10-15 years experience in detailed engineering and design of electrical works for large refinery / gas projects / power / Infrastructure projets in similar position.
• Familiar with international codes, standards and recommended practices standards like ANSI, IEEE, IEC, NEC, NEMA, UL, Aramco Standrds etc.
• Experience in electrical design drafting using PDS, PDMS or SP3D/E3D software.
• Experience in use of Autodesk products such as Autoplant 3D would be advantageous
• Expertise in high,medium and low voltage systems.
• General knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
• Effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the design team in the resolution of project related issues.
• Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast paced multi-disciplinary team environment
* Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Transportation allowance
• Medical and life insurance cover
• 22 calendar days annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Assistance Programme
Don’t Miss: Best Job in UAE For Electrical Engineer
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).