Job description / Role
Careem is the No1 tech company in the Middle East and have opened our newest engineering centre in Berlin (WeWork Sony Centre).
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Android developers have a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. As an Android Developer, you work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation mobile applications in a scalable manner.
– Design and build advanced, scalable applications for the Android platform.
– Collaborate with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
– Integrate with our backend services (JSON, REST, etc.) to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users.
– You own end-to-end product modules/features from requirement to going live.
– Design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to team members on technical matters.
– Gather requirements by interacting directly with the end users and advocate delightful user experiences.
– Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
– Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
– Use core animation to create engaging motion effects and intuitive interfaces.
Don’t Miss: Job Opportunity in Germany For DevOps Engineer
– 5+ years of software programming experience.
– 5+ years of Android application development, with extensive knowledge about Java, collections, algorithms and well-known application frameworks.
– Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigm under Android, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency and multithreading.
– Experience in Android-specific application development and publishing Android apps in the play store.
– Strong understanding of design patterns, such as builder, facade and Observer.
– Excellent knowledge about the latest framework and technics, including RxAndroid, Lambda expressions and dependency injection.
– Strong understanding of the full mobile development life cycle. Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
– Experience in working with third-party libraries and APIs.
– Good experience on testing frameworks, including Robolectric and Espresso.
– Strong and innovative approach to problem-solving and finding solutions. Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution.
– Competitive salary and equity shares
– 25 working days annual leave
– Entrepreneurial working environment
– Flexible working arrangements
– Mentorship and career growth
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people’s lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region’s leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.