Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE Ref: HP362-810
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you think international and still act local?
WSP are looking for Road Safety Engineer to join our Site Supervision team in Abu Dhabi.
The Road Safety Engineer will be responsible for supporting the team in maintaining and reputation with our clients and developing effective long term client relationships in the supply of our Road Safety Audit service.
The Road Safety Engineer will focus on ways to improve the road environment in order to reduce road safety risk, as part of the Safe System approach.
The key objectives of the role will be to;
• Work on and help develop area wide safety strategies to deliver the needs of the Highways Agency to satisfy the high level outcome of Safe Roads.
• Perform Road safety auditing.
• Perform Road accident investigation and analysis.
• Develop road design and traffic management guidelines.
• Prepare professional reports and project plans.
• Undertake onsite investigations and data collection.
• Ensure all work is carried out to construction specifications (QCS) and traffic safety standards.
• Oversee any other road safety issues.
• Maintain good relations with the client and other authorities, attending meetings as necessary.
• Degree in Civil Engineering or comparable from a reputable University.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience required in Road Safety Engineering in Road projects which should include detailed knowledge and experience in identification and development of road safety mitigating measures for all road users.
• You should be qualified to undertake road safety audits and also have detailed knowledge of work zone management procedures.
• Experience in Traffic and Road Safety Engineering.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.