Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
At Souq.com, an Amazon.com company, we are guided by three principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, and long-term thinking. We are seeking the world’s brightest minds to join us in offering customers low prices, vast selection and fast delivery. We are constantly inventing new ways to get packages to customers faster than ever before, and our teams are working on the rapid deployment of new systems that manage everything from when customers click “buy” to when a Souq package lands on their doorsteps. Our global operations team is dedicated to providing our customers with faster, more convenient, and lower-cost fulfillment options.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources department as a Regional Sr. HR Manager to support Souq’s operation network throughout the Middle East based out of Riyadh, KSA.
This position will support both the Fulfillment Center operations along with the last mile logistics team, QExpress and Wing expansion in the region. The Regional Sr. HR Manager role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement to support the business growth on the operations side for all current markets in which Souq has footprint.
• Work with senior management to develop and implement HR plans and solutions.
• Partner with business to assess human resources needs in areas such as organizational design, workforce planning, talent acquisition, employee and career development, performance management, succession planning, and rewards and recognition.
• Provide management coaching to front line managers and senior leaders.
• Assess business unit’s management training needs and conduct 1:1 and group training sessions as appropriate.
• Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
• Partner with the business to lead both annual and mid-year review processes which focus on performance management and talent development.
• Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
• Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
• Work with business groups to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives within the client group.
• Work with the operational HR team to ramp up manpower planning, resourcing models on flex resources and support people initiatives best suited for the operations team.
• Strong business and HR acumen, including ability to diagnose and analyze problems and drive appropriate solutions.
• Ability to translate client business plans and goals into human resource capabilities needed to achieve results.
• A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
• Comfort operating in a complex and rapidly changing work environment.
• Ability to influence, coach, and partner at all levels of the organization to achieve results.
• Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs.
• Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
• Strong multi-tasking abilities and the ability to be comfortable with high volume workload; not being afraid to “roll up your sleeves”.
• Strong internal and external customer service focus.
• Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in HR or related field
• 10+ years human resource leadership experience
• Experience supporting hourly employee client groups
• Experience in call center, distribution center, or manufacturing environments
• Experience leading and developing HR and Operations professionals
• Knowledge of employment laws
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Experience with MS Office Suite, HRIS, People Soft
• Experience in Labor Relations and compensation management
• Advanced degree. (MBA or Masters in HRM preferred)
• Resume that shows steady progression in HR Management for the last 7 – 10+ years
• Strong evidence of stretch assignments that are evidence of superior performance in previous roles
• Prior experience leading, coaching, and mentoring direct reports and leading large HR teams with talented HR professionals
• 5-10+ years experience in Fortune 500 companies that adhere to a high hiring standard and mentors their brightest employees to accept greater challenges.
• Prior experience supporting large hourly employee client groups (distribution, manufacturing, or call center environments)Experience with highly ambiguous and/or startup environments
• Organization Development experience
About the Company
Souq.com – the Middle East’s online marketplace.
We connect people and products – opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars – we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands – giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We’re trusted by millions, because we don’t just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you’ll always be getting a good deal – with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.