Location: Danville, Virginia
Job ID: 17006821
The Quality Specialist performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections and/or standard microbiological, chemical, physical or sensory testing and assays on products, materials, components, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality standards. Manages finished product release criteria (i.e. net contents, sensory program,
Critical Control Point [CCP]). Responsibilities will include internal auditing, recording statistical data and analyzing production data to verify compliance or determine deviation from existing standards. Works closely with the Quality Team to help identify, solve and prevent problems affecting quality and food safety.
· Employee shall follow and carry out company Quality Policy on all required Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), quality and food safety requirements.
· Escalate quality or food safety findings or incidents to management.
· Ensures that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in designated areas.
· Ensures the compliance for FSSC 22000 and ISO 9001 while driving continuous improvement for Quality metrics/Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in their area of responsibility.
· Supports Improvement initiatives (e.g. consumer complaints, product defect reduction) with the factory.
· Assist, advise and train Production Operators in attaining Nestlé quality standards.
· Responsible for reviewing and updating factory policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) in compliance to Nestle standards.
· May be the Document Control Coordinator for Quality, responsibilities include.
Supports Compliance by ensuring effective use of the factory’s document control program.
· May be responsible for Net Contents Control system support & reporting:
Supports the functionality of the net contents control program on the factory floor.
Prepare lot summary reports for compliance to the Quality Monitoring Scheme (QMS).
· Responsible for tracking, releasing or holding finished product from production for retail and institutional sale.
Report out detailed information regarding the products that are held and released.
· Report out on performance indicator measures (i.e. KPIs, PPIs, APIs).
· Support traceability exercises, product trace and recall procedures.
· Support root cause analysis and provide information on deposition decisions for held product.
Don’t Miss: 5 Easy Jobs in Bangkok for Foreigners
· Responsible for learning, implementing, teaching, maintenance and reporting data from the SAP Quality
· Responsible for hold product and rework/reprocessing documentation review.
· Responsible for conducting sensory sessions for raw materials, packaging and finished product.
· Provide product release support to outside warehouses.
· Responsible for supporting the factory food allergen management program and product coding maintenance.
· Supports production in decisions related to quality and food safety.
· Audits GMPs, procedures and paperwork on the production floor.
· Conducts coaching and training to employees.
· Responsible for identifying and closing gaps in procedures and/or processes.
· Supporting member of the factory Internal Audit Team.
· Participates in and/or lead problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
· Review consumer alerts and direct follow-up activities of the alerts.
· Maintain consumer complaint awareness for the production lines.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
· B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or other related field, required.
· Prefer 2-3 years manufacturing and or laboratory (1-3 years) experience in food industry.
· Prefer knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
· Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
· Good mathematical and statistical skills required.
· Must be able to handle multiple assignments.
· Must be precise, accurate and well organized.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
· Proficiency with computer systems, personal computers, and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, etc.).
· Proficiency in SAP/GLOBE systems is preferred.