Tigerspike Dubai is looking for a QA, Senior Software Test Engineer who is excited to work alongside a talented group of innovators creating digital products. Being a part of the process from the start, you will be responsible for writing and implementing automated acceptance tests; implementing and auditing test automation best practice and working in a structured development lifecycle. In this role you will be directly contributing to the development of great digital products by testing Web, Android and iOS applications. The day-to-day work will include function, integration, regression, stress and cross-browser testing; writing clear and concise test plans along with filing well-documented bug tickets; working with the design team to create viable test plans; and working closely with the development team throughout the product lifecycle to ensure the applications adhere to the highest level of quality.
Collaborating with UX & UI designers, researchers and other engineers (web & mobile), you will have the ability to flex your automation chops using Cucumber and Ruby, Selenium and Calabash and beyond to help shape, design and build digital products that deliver business value to our customers.
We want people who love being involved in challenging and innovative work. If you are excited to learn new things and thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way, then Tigerspike could be the place for you!
• Static testing and requirements analysis
• Writing clear, concise and readable acceptance tests in Cucumber for use by both technical and non-technical audiences
• Implementing acceptance tests in Ruby with Selenium, Calabash and other automation libraries
• Writing and maintaining a framework of support code for automation to reduce effort and re-work
• Analyzing and decomposing complex software systems and designing strategies to test these systems
• Working continuously with the development and test engineering teams to automate testing
• Conducting research on emerging automation technologies and testing practices
• Supporting more junior team members
• Collaborate and support other seniors across the organization
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, IT or related technical field
• 3-5 years of experience manually testing web / mobile sites and applications
• 6-7 years of experience using at least one of the following automation tools: Calabash, Cucumber or Selenium
• An in depth knowledge of web & mobile technologies across numerous browsers and device types
• An interest in learning and contributing to making a great product better
• Have the following personal attributes: integrity, trust and personal credibility; be a clear communicator; an ambitious self-starter; hungry for results and show perseverance; a good listener; customer oriented; strong interpersonal skills; and well organized with clear attention to detail
• Note: solid web & mobile automation testing experience is an absolute MUST
• Great team culture we all regularly go out for drinks, dinners, shisha afternoons; every Thursday team lunches are together; the guys are sharpening their football skills on every Sunday afternoon; every last Thursday of the month is Team Day with competitions & team building activities
• In addition to the standard public holidays, Tigerspike offers all employees 25 days vacation per year + an extra day for your birthday
• Worldwide medical and dental plans to fit your needs
• Professional and personal development budget
• Opportunity to work in other global office locations such as Sydney, London, Singapore, San Francisco, Tokyo, NY and Melbourne