There are numerous ways in which you can upgrade your garage’s look by making its floor a spectacular sight to behold. Many people are always wondering what to do to their garage floors or how to go about making their garage floor finishes equally as beautiful as their houses. Well, here is great news about the different ways of how you can upgrade your garage with the garage floor finishes options available. You can either:
- Apply floor coatings
- Use floor coverings
When looking at floor coatings as garage floor finishes, you can use floor paints, sealers, epoxy paints, and stains.
- Floor paints: This kind of garage floor finishes come in two versions and these are latex paints and oil paints. Floor painting is relatively cheaper. It also does not require any special skills as you can roll it with a lot of ease. When choosing between the two versions, then you should know that latex paints are easier to work with.
- Epoxy paints: the best choice here will be the two-part epoxy paint. When done properly, you will have a very tough and durable floor that will amaze you. You just need to get the preparation of concrete done right and move swiftly in carrying on with the work.
- Staining: staining concrete floors of your garage will give you that perfect finish that resembles natural stones. Staining is more for decorative purposes, and the coloring soaks into the concrete giving you a beautiful finish. You will apply the staining agent; you can either use a roller or use a sprayer.
- Sealers: as compared to paints, sealers are more tough and durable. There are two types of concrete sealers, and they are solvent-based-sealers and water-based-sealers. These sealers can give you that excellent
When choosing floor coverings for garage floor finishes, there are two main options; roll out mats and tiles.
- Roll out mats: This is a type of mat that is purchased and comes in numerous dimensions, patterns, and colors. The best thing is that they are easy to install, to remove, and even to clean. Anytime you feel the need of change; you can easily go to the next design you want. However, they are very fragile and can easily tear.
- Tiles: When you choose tiles, you can either choose rigid tiles or flexible tiles that interlock. The tiles also come in numerous colors, designs, and dimensions meaning you will be spoilt for choice. Everything will now depend on your interior design instincts.
All these are viable options for your garage floor. All you have to do is pick the best option for yourself and trust that you have made the best choice.