Saudi Airlines Catering
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Objectives: Manage Operations at Central Baggage Warehouse
Expand Business to other Clients
• Management of Operation of “Central Baggage Warehouse” in Coordination with 3PL Provider.
• Management of (Customer Service, Stock Take Team). Who are doing Tracing & Tracking Process to return the luggage to its owner.
• Attracting /Retaining Clients(Airlines) & Satisfying Customers(Passengers)
• Tackling & Solving Daily Problems and Issues(Related to Logistics, Or Customer Service).
• Leading Team Effectively & Efficiently, through SMART KPI.
• Open Mentality targeting to Expand Business to Cover more areas in Tracing ,Storing ,Tracking Passenger Luggage.
Reporting to: Head Of Supply Chain
Subordinates: Stock Take Team & Customer Service Team
Other interactions: Airlines & Passengers Who Lost Their Baggage
Number required: 1
Duration: 1 Year Contract
Desired start date: 1-Apr-2018
Probation: 3 Month
Working Hours: Sunday To Thursday 8 AM to 6 PM
Gross monthly base salary: 9,000-14,000 SAR
Other Benefits: Housing & Transport
• Bachelor Degree, (Preferable in Supply Chain, Business Administration and Related Fields),
• Master Degree is a Plus.
• PMP Certificate, APIC Certificate is a plus.
• Excellent in English/Arabic Language. (Writing & Speaking)
• Prior Experience with Supply Chain, Customer Service, Marketing Setting.is a plus.
• Excellent in Microsoft Office,
• Experience in (World Tracer System, amadeus- Airline Ticketing System) is a Plus
About the Company
Saudi Airlines Catering Company was established in 1981. The 30 years that followed witnessed a drastic expansion in the organization’s operations, which spanned both the local and international markets. New catering units were established in King Khalid International Airport, Riyadh (KKIA); King Fahd International Airport, Dammam (KFIA); Prince Mohammed International Airport, Madina (PMIA); and Cairo International Airport.
To leverage the organization’s catering expertise, in the raising overall service standards and value delivery to the customers the organization was privatized in 2007 by Royal Decree, from His Royal Highness, the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud