Location: Dubai, UAE
Job description / Role
Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Materials Engineer – Park/Landscape
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Check delivered materials and its conformance to the specifications and standard.
• Inspect material storage area.
• Supervise the site tests, such as soil compaction, concrete slump, moisture content, aggregate, gradation, paint thickness, bolt torque, and concrete coring, etc.
• Inspect various facets of work on the construction site and perform continuous surveillance of assigned construction activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes.
• Document non-conformance to specifications, codes and standards, and may be asked to participate in determining appropriate resolution.
• Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Engineering with 10 years of experience in material inspection/supervision of infrastructure and landscape projects. UAE experience is required.
• Working knowledge of construction sequences and standard work procedures of the industry.
• Knowledge and skills in using relevant computer software.
• Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
• Commitment to quality and safe work practices.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.