Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Job description / Role
At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and becomes a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alumnus, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people’s lives
The purpose of the Marketing Manager role is to lead the Marketing initiative within a designated region. Understanding what activities increase our revenues and building a strategy with deep insights into what works and doesn’t work for the specific market. This role requires a high level of market understanding and requires a diverse skill set across multiple areas, including social media marketing, PR, event planning, strategic and conceptual thinking, content creation, and relationship management.
– The role reports into the MD – Emerging Markets or GM of the respective operation.
– Liaising with other marketing managers and build country marketing plans that include promotions and partnerships to increase revenue and meet monthly targets in area of responsibility that is correlated with the brand guidelines.
– Own the complete process of marketing plans across your portfolio of countries including deliveries of a strong plan on time, aligning and tracking on budgets, understanding the return on investment for marketing campaigns to build a view on their performance and hence sharing best practices.
– Identify and build relationships with prominent influencers and thought leaders in our space. Ensure these relationships benefit both the company and individual
– Collaborate with management and other marketing colleagues, aligning our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships
Deliver a great experience to our partners when working with our organization you will represent our brand and be our partners’ liaison internally
– Forecast, measure and report results on various projects with partners, including co-created and/or co-branded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships
– Attend relevant events to evangelise the company mission and find like-minded individuals and companies to align with on future initiatives
Maintain knowledge of geographical area of responsibility, especially major announcements, what would work and not work, and events
– Match our internal content creation with external influencers who would enjoy receiving it or want to contribute
– Develop new and creative approaches to working closer with influential members of our industry, and serve as a goto resource to other marketing team members.
– Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for onsite collateral
– Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, communications, and marketing
Key Performance Indicators
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
– Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
– Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
– Strong account manager and relationship builder, an adept communicator with the ability to liaise with people on all levels
– Experience in event planning and management, including speaker outreach and vendor relationships is an advantage
– Ability to think about process and scale above all else to work efficiently and effectively with multiple partners
– Experience handling marketing budgets and forecasting/reporting results
– Ability to develop and articulate highly successful and innovative marketing solutions and communicate a compelling vision
– Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others
– Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
– Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
– Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Marketing
Don’t Miss: Best Job in Algeria For Office Administrator
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people’s lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region’s leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.