NSI & Bluefin Talent
Job description / Role
Clients come to us time and again because we’ve proven to be an insightful expert and a trusted partner. We are uncompromising in our approach to helping them consistently make better decisions, deliver improved business performance and create greater shareholder returns.
Our teams combine our core capabilities of research, bench marking, modelling, analysis and strategy development to create game-changing insights and practical solutions that deliver real impact. We enable clients to make critical decisions with greater certainty and produce results that exceed their expectations on a consistent basis.
With more than 1,000 professionals located across five continents, we specialize in Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Operations and Marketing & Sales. Additionally, we are experts in a wide range of industries, including healthcare, energy, industrial, retail & consumer, financial services and transportation.
Senior Consultants/Managers have a high level of responsibility in guiding and managing the case team and working closely with clients to ensure the effective implementation of recommendations
Specific responsibilities include:
• Identifying the critical issues – Consultants/Managers work with Partners and Principals to outline the client’s key business issues that need resolution. Consultants/Managers develop the business acumen necessary to quickly identify key client issues early in their career
• Structuring analyses – Once the key issues have been identified, the Consultant/Manager typically forms a plan to find the answers to these critical questions. The Consultant/Manager will lay out the strategy to the team for finding the information, for instance market growth drivers, competitive profiling, or broad market trends
• Managing the team’s day-to-day activities – we hire two Associates for every one Consultant and two Consultants for every one Manager, implying that the management of less experienced colleagues is as much a part of the Consultant/Manager role as solving business issues. A significant responsibility of our Consultants/Managers is the guidance and mentorship of junior professionals on a day-to-day basis
• Solving the case – Our clients expect high quality, actionable answers to their business problems. Our Consultants/Managers ensure the team is on-track to accurately solve the problem and deliver an answer. Consultants/Managers supervise analyses, develop the structure for the final output, provide quality control, and in most cases, participate in the delivery of the case conclusion to the client’s senior management team
• Turning strategy into action: our Consultants/Managers work closely with senior members of the client organization to ensure that the strategies are actioned and the impact realized. The Consultant role typically involves facilitating workshops to reach consensus on the approach, the development and rollout of tools to track progress against the key steps and milestones and working collaboratively with the client to ensure successful implementation of the strategic initiatives
• Passionate about the Education sector with professional consulting experience working with top-tier consulting firm on projects relating to education
• Highly analytical and numerate
• Initiative and commitment
• Strong communication skills
• Fluent in both English AND Mandarin is a MUST
• Demonstrated teamwork & leadership
• 4-7 years of experience working with a leading strategy consulting firm or in a startup leadership role (depending on level applying for)
Who we are looking for:
• We are seeking highly motivated, creative, and entrepreneurial candidates with significant previous experience in consulting (education) or experience with strong and deep analytical commercial experience within a combination of industry and consulting.
• The candidate will possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, effective interpersonal and communication skills, leadership qualities, and uncompromising ethics.
• The candidate will have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree, and an MBA from a top Business School
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.