Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
DevOps Engineers will be involved in the full life cycle of an application and a team members of an agile development process, responsible for the design and implementation of application build, release, deployment, and configuration activities. Other responsibilities include working with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing/updating CICD solutions, exploring tools, release management process automation, deployment automation, environment setups, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
– Sets up and maintains the test environments for both manual and automated testing.
– Explore and implement latest tools and technology suited to implement CICD within the Organization.
– Builds automated deployments using configuration management technology.
– Develop Provisioning scripts for QA and Production simulated environment and upgrader scripts.
– Deploys new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
– Documents and completes knowledge transfer to production support.
– Works with Release Management to ensure modules are production ready.
– Validates deployments.
– Develop and write script to ensure E2E implementation of CICD framework.
– Evaluates existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
– May perform automated/load tests and address any issues.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
– Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
– Experience with automation/configuration management
– Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
– Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
– Programming concepts and working understanding of code and script (JAVA, PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby, Linux )
– Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
– Software Development Lifecycle and Agile Methodologies.
– System Architecture and Infrastructure.
– Performance Testing and Security Testing.
– Application Monitoring Tools.
– Competitive remuneration and equity shares
– 25 working days annual leave
– Entrepreneurial working environment
– Flexible working arrangements
– Mentorship and career growth
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people’s lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region’s leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.