Job description / Role
Main Purpose of the Job:
The construction supervision team on the Kuwait International Airport is currently looking to recruit an Airfield Ground Lighting Engineer to support in all areas related to electrical groundwork and airfield ground lighting.
* Review project specifications and requirements to ensure that the Contractors work is in compliance with agreed specifications
* Review and recommend approval of shop drawings, method statements and materials submittal related to:
* Airfield lighting fixtures
* Runway Approach Lighting
* Threshold and End Lighting
* Runway Center-line Lighting
* Runway Edge Lighting
* Precision Approach Path Indicator
* Taxiway lighting, Guidance Signs, Rapid Exit Taxiway Indicators
* Airfield Lighting Pattern
* Airfield Lighting Cabling Scheme
* Airfield Power Supply Equipment
* Airfield Lighting Control and Monitoring
* Inspect Contractors activities related to the above and airfield, runway and taxiway; prepare periodic reports accordingly
* Manage project team including subcontractor and ensure project is executed using agreed standards and regulations
* Ensure airport systems integration and IT/Communications system
Essential Candidate Requirements:
* Degree qualified in electrical engineering
* Minimum 20 years experience (post qualification) in a similar capacity
* Proven experience of working on large airfields and acquainted with electrical and airfield ground work
* Experience of working on large construction programs
* Experience of working on live airfields and aware of HSE implications
* In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice.
Don’t Miss: Security Engineer Job in Manama(Bahrain) – 1 Year Contract
As such, we expect staff must always act:
* With integrity
* With due skill, care and diligence
* In good faith, and
* In compliance with all applicable laws
* Ability to relate to people of diverse cultural backgrounds
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
* Leadership and/or managerial experience along with mentoring skills
* Ensure MacDonald HSE policies are implemented and adhered in every activity
* Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald’s uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world’s largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.