Ernst & Young
Location: Kuwait City, Kuwait
Job description / Role
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Having the largest geographical footprint in the MENA region, EY is perfectly placed to help the multitude of government entities and businesses face an unprecedented level of accounting change. In FAAS, our focus is on helping clients navigate the ever-changing accounting and reporting landscape and delivering tailored, innovative services seamlessly and effectively on a global scale. We are looking for ambitious people to help drive and support this change while learning about the intricacies of dealing with diverse clients in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager or Senior Manager in the MENA FAAS practice, you will plan, manage and participate in various engagements, including researching applications of accounting standards, reviewing financial and governance processes, accounting framework transitions, comparison of different company practices and developing and providing tailored training.
Preparing deliverables tailored to client needs as well as establishing and maintaining relationships with client management will be key. You will also supervise small engagement teams and review work performed as well as understand the client’s industry sector and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments. A part of your role will be to prepare proposals, realize business development plans through a strong professional network, and manage multiple engagements in the primary work country as well as MENA countries that require travel.
Keeping up to date with new economic developments and their impact on clients you will continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. This will be in addition to attending training programs to continue in developing your skills. You will also maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A degree in accounting and /or other appropriate academic major and a minimum of five years of experience
• CPA / CA / ACCA certification
• Experience working with a leading professional accounting firm in Advisory or Audit with extensive business experience in the application of new accounting standards, preparation of consolidation / IFRS conversions / complex accounting projects
• Experience working as a part of an analytics team involved in the collection, combination and exploration of financial data to help clients create insights that support the decision-making processes
• Experience in providing efficient, sophisticated and reliable control methods including upscaling client policies and procedures to enable clients to reduce the cost of process monitoring, adding value from available data and establishing effective continuous monitoring to improve process assurance
• Strong advisory (selling) mindset
• Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
• Strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
• Fluent written and verbal English communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
• Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
• Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
Ideally you’ll also have
• Proficiency in the Arabic language
• Sector experience in one or more of the following: Construction, Energy, Financial Services, Government & Public Sector, Healthcare
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.