Location: Dubai, UAE
Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 15 countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Digital Marketing Manager, you should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead our supply side of digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution. Digital marketing managers will work with the marketing team, supporting teams (such as programmers), engineers and product to launch campaigns on time and in budget.
– Plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns on supply side
– Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
– Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
– Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
– Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
– Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
– Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
– Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
– Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
– Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
– At least 5 years of prior experience working in either agency or internal role
– Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
– Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
– Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Marketing, Digital Marketing, etc
– Previous experience working as a digital marketing professional
– Have experience leading and mentoring a team
– Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
– Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people’s lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region’s leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.