Location: Doha, Qatar
Job description / Role
Oversee low to mid-level complexity IT projects running concurrently with an annual volume up to $2.5M. IT Project Managers have a solid understanding of the IT PMO Operations, IT PMO policies and procedures and can demonstrate his/her knowledge as it relates to project management skills and practices and Parsons company procedures. He/she has 5-10 years of relevant IT progressive experience in business analysis, developing or implementing IT solutions with a minimum of 4-6 years project management experience.
Work independently managing projects with scope inclusive of developing individual applications or application systems, infrastructure/mobilization project or phases of a larger project. Supervises and coordinates activities of the project team to assure the project meets the project sponsor and stakeholder expectations.
This position may also be responsible for directing, leading the Support activities within the external client Project to include leading, mentoring and developing a highly skilled Technical team within the areas of Support Desk (L1 & L2), Distributed Engineering (Data Networks), as well as monitoring and support through metrics and SLAs and management of a Service Desk.
• Responsible for the delivery and management of multiple medium-sized IS projects (annual project(s) portfolio size up to $2.5M) running concurrently.
• Develops the project approval documentation, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts
• Works with project team to develop estimates, schedules and work plans to ensure timely completion of a project or working group within a project.
• Prepare financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
• Collaborate with project stakeholders to develop business requirements and user stories
• Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered
• Ensure all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company
• Lead key change infrastructure and integration projects and deliver them on schedule and budget.
• Establish the On-Premise Service desk for the software solutions Project.
• Establish processes and procedures related to the Operational Support, Maintenance plans of the project inclusive of the setup of the service desk operations.
• Lead the System Support organization, coordinate & Liaise a team of Level 1, Level 2 Engineers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) form within Parsons and external vendors to deliver quality and timely support meeting the established SLAs. Collaborate and ensure all the augmenting support teams are in sync with each other and work together as ONE support team.
• Manage the day to day help desks and escalations through an end to end incident management process. Resolution through data analytics and root cause analysis for continued improvement.
• Establish and manage the technical and contractual relationships with 3rd party vendors, manufacturer through Platform Operations and Support SLAs.
• Applies knowledge of new and emerging IT Infrastructure technologies, processes, methodologies and leading practices to recommend modifications, enhancements, upgrades and improvements to existing systems and to identify, propose and implement new and emerging technologies that best support Parsons evolving needs.
• Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of third-party suppliers, vendors, manufacturers and contractors. Builds and manages vendor relationships, contract performance (SLAs), renewals, maintenance agreements and other activities.
• Tracks the performance of third-party vendors, assuring conformance with contract agreements and Parsons Requirements. Identifies questions, issues and problems related to vendor performance and takes steps to assure the matter is resolved. Makes decisions about final resolution of all identified vendor and manufacturer matters.
• Leads, manages and sets the direction for the daily operations of a 24x7x365 hour Infrastructure and Integrated Application Support organization that maintains, upgrades, supports and implements services for the systems, managed services, outsourced systems and services for delivery within the Client Offices.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management, Computer Science, or equivalent;
• Minimum of ten years of experience performing progressively more complex and responsible tasks involving development, implementation, and support of global infrastructure in multiple environments.
• Demonstrated knowledge of large scale networking and telephony infrastructures, ITSM concepts.
• Demonstrated experiences with managing third party vendors.
Proficiency in Arabic language is preferred.
Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP)
ITIL Certification preferred.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.