Job description / Role
The IT Senior Architect – Java is responsible to ensure structural integrity and scalability of all Java based applications developed for flydubai. The resource will also be responsible for design and development of all Java based applications, done by flydubai development partners.
– Guide development partners in design phase of system building, ensuring the application build is highly performing and scalable
– Ensure adherence to design patterns and best practices for inhouse development as well as work done by development partners
– Manage a team of four to six Java developers, and guide them in inhouse application development
– Develop frameworks for internal use, including Enterprise wide use of webservices, reusable components and ESB
– Ensure adequate tools and practices are established to support high availability of production systems
– Manage application/software upgrades/downtimes
– BE/ BTech/ MCA
– 10 to 12 yrs of experience in designing and developing Java based systems
– 6 to 8 yrs of experience in working on middleware applications
Knowledge / Skills
– Skilled in Java Technologies
– Skilled in design reviews
Certificate / License required
– Java certifications are desirable
– Ability to guide a team of designers/developers in building highly performing applications
– Ability to convert requirements into application design using design frameworks and best practices
– Ability to work with vendors, perform design reviews and ensure applications developed are best of breed
– Experience in using IDEs/Java packages/Rule Based Engines
– Experience in design/Java development of Middle ware systems
– Ability to lead the design team composed of other designers and developers and churn out high quality applications using latest technologies
– Ability to develop reusable frameworks and use ESB tools to introduce an enterprise level service catalogue
About the Company
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
- Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 44 countries.
- Opened up 62 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- Operates a single fleet type of 58 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and will take delivery of more than 100 aircraft by the end of 2023.
In addition, flydubai’s agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai’s economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai’s vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.