Atkins Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
The Interface Manager coordinates and supervises the construction process from the conceptual development stage through final construction/handing over, assuring the project is completed on time and within budget. The Interface Manager evaluates and helps determine appropriate construction delivery systems and the most cost-effective plan and schedule for completing the project.
The Interface Manager’s responsibilities include, not limited to:
* Prepare the Work Forms to be used in correspondence, application for payments, application for inspection of works, material submittals, technical submittals, etc. The contractor shall use such forms in his correspondence with the construction Manager.
* Monitor supervision consultant for compliance with their contractual responsibilities.
* Monitor suitability and availability of drawings and other data to ensure the contractor has the right information for the work in hand.
* Monitor labour levels and suitability of abilities for outstanding work items
* Monitor quality of product / information / coordination provided by the consultant
* Monitor the quality and timeliness of inspections carried out by the consultant.
* Ensure the contractor submit shop drawings, product data and samples, and coordinate them with information received from other contractors and transmit to the consultant for review.
* Monitor contractors for compliance with their contractual responsibilities.
* Monitor progress of the works for compliance with schedule.
* Monitor quality of the work installed for compliance with project standards
* Ensure that appropriate planning tools are implemented by the contractor, including an accurate two-weeks-look-ahead schedules.
* Ensure that materials for the works are submitted for approval on time, delivered on time and suitably stored on site prior to incorporation in the works
* Ensure that each contractor complies with the current coordinated method statement for coordinating with other contractors
* Monitor contractor’s compliance with HSE & security requirements
* Report regularly on the compliance of the contractors / consultants’ with all the above items.
* Assist commercial team to review and certify all applications for payment to the contractor, including final payment, and the consultant shall assist the construction manager in such review to check and certify the acceptance of works
* Construction manager together with the consultant shall, within (14) days from receiving the contractor’s request, conduct an inspection of the Works or Section and submit a report comprising the result of the inspection to the owner within the said period
* The candidate must be skilled in dealing with people with different cultural and behavioural challenges within the various teams and successfully deal with them and yield the best results.
* Work proactively in a very challenging environment i.e. a demanding client, remote design teams, KSA statutory bodies, mitigating delays in the construction programme, extensive hours needed at times to meet client needs etc.
Don’t Miss: Best Job in Oman for the Post of Waiter
* The Ideal candidate will have a minimum qualification of Bachelor in Engineering or equivalent, having a minimum of 12 years’ experience in the industry.
* Demonstrate a high level of expertise in construction management.
* Good knowledge of local and international codes and standards
* Able to produce technical reports in English in a clear and concise form.
* Able to communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of te projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to: focus on quality seek world class design and excellence strive to add value be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).