New Delhi: The process of re-verification of existing mobile subscribers using Aadhaar has now become simpler and more convenient.
These operators have put in place an OTP based re-verification where subscribers can link their Aadhaar using IVRS on their mobile phone.
Here’s how you can link Aadhaar to your mobile number using IVR
– Give a call to 14546 from your registered mobile number
– A computerised voice will ask you if you are Indian or an NRI
– Choose your option
– The IVR process will then ask for your consent to link Aadhaar card number with your mobile number
– Press the desired option given to you
– Now you will have to furnish your 12-digit Aadhaar number and press the desired number to confirm.
– As soon as you confirm, you will get an OTP on your registered mobile phone.
– Next, the IVR process will ask for your mobile number.
– At this step you will have to give consent to your mobile operator to pick your name, photo, and date of birth from UIDAI records
– After you have agreed to the above step, IVR will read the last four digits of your mobile number to re-confirm your Aadhaar card number
– Once, the re-confirmation matches with your details, you will have to provide the OTP received via SMS
– After entering the OTP, you will have to press 1 to complete the process.
– IVR will then prompt that the Aadhaar-based mobile number re-verification process has been successful.