General Electric (GE)
Job description / Role
Power generation technologies require continually more advanced performance. Generator Application Engineer (AE) provides technical support and creative solutions to drive business opportunities in the MENAT / AIM region. AE prepares technical proposals including research, technical description, performance, and cost definition.
– Works on technical proposal for Generator Conversions, Modifications and Upgrades (CM&U).
– Performs evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
– Prepares technical proposals.
– Supports engineering deliverables and engages in the solution of field issues.
– Performs site assessments (for data gathering) to recommend inspection / upgrade scopes.
– Performs capability studies to check if generator can support turbine update.
– Recommends approach to meet the technical and program requirements.
– Formulates and implements plans to achieve technical requirements, scheduling, and contract commitments.
– Develops action plans to anticipate and respond to problems.
– Assures proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
– Monitors and communicates project status, business issues, and significant developments.
– Leads or participates in organizational efforts in assigned projects and/or tasks.
– Participates as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
– Coordinates with various internal GE teams to develop & lead customer solutions.
– Provides support to sales team for technical discussions with customer.
– Presents technical solutions at user conference or similar forums.
– Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
– At least 8-10 years of experience in an engineering, field service and/or technical product position with extensive exposure to generators.
– Strong technical / maintenance knowledge on GE or Alstom generators preferred.
– Fluency in English.
– Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems.
– Strong background in generator is a must, other technologies such as steam/gas turbines, boiler/HSRG, control system is a plus.
– Knowledge of PLM, PDM would be highly desirable though not necessary.
– PC proficiency including MS office.
– Strong oral and written communication skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Ability to guide and influence others.
Don’t Miss: Digital Marketing Specialist Job in Dubai, UAE
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE\’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE\’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it\’s the world\’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world\’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.