Stratus Recruitment International
Job description / Role
This vacancy is with a European company who have successfully won and delivered expert design and implementation on some of the most prestigious construction projects in Qatar in recent years (Doha International Airport / Hamad Port Project / Sports Stadia. The company has technical expertise in consulting, designing, delivering and managing critical infrastructure projects where they integrate MEP systems, IT, security, communication, building management, automation, and command and control information systems.
As part of its increasing scope on one of Qatar’s largest building and infrastructure projects, they have a vacancy for an Electrical Engineer in order to monitor the contractor’s progress, review design and implementation deliverables and ensure that the Electrical systems are delivered according to contract requirements and technical specifications.
The Electrical Engineer shall be reviewing the submitted Electrical Design, Method Statements, Installation Test Plan, Testing and Commissioning Procedures, provide coordination, standards and code input, construction technical support handover documentation. The candidate will be coordinating the electrical activities of the contractor, providing technical support and construction quality control in accordance with the project specifications and applicable standards.
• Ensure that the contractor adheres to the project safety regulations
• Review and comment on all electrical engineering related submitted documentation such as basis of design document, calculation studies, drawings, material submittals, method statements, risk assessments, ITPs etc, for adherence to project specifications and applicable standards
• Provide technical guidance to project management personnel
• Participate in all coordination meetings with the contractor, client and government agencies
• Evaluate electrical systems, processes and facilities to support the project objectives
• Conduct site inspections of the site installations to ensure adherence to project contract specifications, design drawing and documents as well as engineering standards
• Support the contractor and provide electrical engineering related support, review and coordination to ensure that the quality expectation is properly met during construction
• Review and inspect the testing and commissioning of the electrical systems
• Prepare and submit for review all electrical field reports
• Compile reports and records about the electrical systems on a regular basis
• Coordinate with office staff, consultants, contractors and other personnel and perform any additional tasks identified by the Project Manager that is related to electrical systems
The following qualifications, skills and experience are essential:
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering
• Proven working experience in electrical systems (power distribution, MV and LV), electrical substations, transformers, lightning protection, earthing and bonding, underground cable installations etc) of 8 years’ minimum in large scale infrastructure projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English. Able to communicate and results clearly, concisely and effectively, both orally, by giving presentations and in writing.
• Proven experience in the design of MV and LV electrical systems including protection device coordination and short circuit studies
• Experienced in the construction of buildings and infrastructure MEP projects
• Proficient with the use of personal computers Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
• Knowledge of all relevant international and Qatar national codes
• Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally, collaboratively within the project team, understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations
• Able to perform effectively in high-pressure situations while maintaining focus and composure
Don’t Miss: Registered Nurse Best Job in United States
Additional Qualifications that will be preferred:
• Masters in the relevant field
• Experienced in the design and installation of HVAC systems
• Experienced in the design and installation of BMS, lighting control and fire alarms
About the Company
“Stratus was founded in 2005 in order to supply a unique, tailored service to the property, real estate and construction industries.”
Our approach is honest and upfront, delivering an efficient and cost effective service which we recognise is critical in the current market place. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by providing consistent high quality results, adding real value to your organisation and allowing talented professionals in the property and construction fields to develop their potential within progressive environments.
Our open and consultative style has allowed us to successfully develop long standing relationships with clients and candidates alike, within leading consultancy, main contracting and client organisations. In tandem with this we also have an expansive network of contacts at all levels across the industry, and can provide sophisticated market intelligence, both in the UK and EMEA.