Atkins Middle East
Location: Doha, Qatar
Job description / Role
Digital Asset Management – Business Development Manager
What we are trying to do
• Deliver diverse Digital Asset Management projects, covering anything from implementing innovative uses of new technology, formulating national guidance, providing strategic direction for asset management policy and using data and analysis tools to develop works programme
• Transform and grow the Middle East region approach to asset management across the transportation, buildings, energy, defence and power sectors
• Guide clients through solving some of their most complex challenges by providing a unique combination of management consulting, technology, and engineering expertise
• Aging assets, funding shortfalls, evolving government priorities and emerging disruptive technologies; infrastructure owners and operators are facing a multitude of challenges.
• Clients are increasingly leveraging multi-disciplinary experts utilizing a solutions-driven approach and a solid foundation in engineering practices to meet their organization’s challenges
What we are looking for
• Digital Asset Management Sales Leader to drive sales in the Middle East Region for the Digital Asset Management Market. The role will work with the MEA dAM business unit of Atkins, as well as the Global dAM team at Atkins to develop a pipeline of services and technology based opportunities, and to sell these opportunities using competitive positioning and innovative strategies.
• The role will work in collaboration with and support of key account teams and market teams in pre-sales and sales activities, and will coordinate technical support as part of the sales cycle.
• This role will sell offerings across dAM domains, including: Asset Investment Planning, Asset Performance Management, and Enterprise Asset Management – and will also work with related domains and technologies, such as: BIM, GIS, IoT, decision support and analytics. The role will be broad in terms of markets and offerings, but a focus will be put on Transport (Aviation, Highways), Energy, Buildings, Water and Defence from a market perspective, and Asset Investment Planning, decision support and analytics from a domain perspective.
• As part of our growth strategy, we are investing in our digital Asset Management (dAM) capabilities as well as partnerships that allow us to bring new offerings and delivery models to our clients. This encompasses software applications, system integration services and managed services.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
• Building pipeline
• Evaluate the competitive landscape and short/long term trends for each segment, and tailor offerings accordingly.
• Developing value propositions with colleagues and proactively taking to market.
• Working with the central dAM team and account directors to formulate key account plans, identifying opportunities for new service penetration.
• Building a leading presence in the Asset Management ecosystem, establishing strong senior relationships in new and existing markets.
• Developing and executing further growth strategies.
• Ability to understand and describe how solutions and features can address the business issues customers are facing.
• Will be responsible for overall process of sales from generating leads, to reporting, sales calls, sales meetings, follow up and closing opportunities.
• Leveraging in company capabilities to build End to End solutions.
• Work directly with clients to improve their business processes and lead business transformation efforts
• Manage projects and multi-disciplinary project teams
• Independently perform qualitative and quantitative analyses, document findings, present project outcomes and manage client relationships
• Forge relationships with Atkins key account managers, sales directors, and within key markets, including regulators and partners.
• Execute the business strategy and be accountable for dAM sales metrics (new bookings and contract modifications) and pipeline growth.
• Lead collaboration between marketing, partners and product teams to develop differentiated solutions.
• Define segment requirements, partner and product sourcing or development needs to support growth and expand coverage.
• Support the team on potential regional investment / partnering activities to fill in gaps and broaden dAM portfolio.
Don’t Miss: Job in Dubai, UAE For Customer Service Agent
• Should be strategic with a broad commercial vision, combined with a hands-on approach, detail-orientation and ability to translate that into successful implementation
• Have an entrepreneurial mind-set, energy and motivation to drive successful growth of the business
• Possess excellent networking and influencing skills
• The ability to lead a sales effort personally and develop business
• Customer driven with a focus on providing a professional service
• The ability to communicate fluently and concisely
• Team player with excellent people management skills and the ability to lead and develop high-performing multi-skilled teams
• A balanced and positive attitude
• Ability to think ‘disruptively’ and challenge the status quo
• A comprehensive understanding of asset management and the challenges organizations face with introducing business change to improve management practices
• A good understanding of technologies used to support asset management (EAM, GIS, BIM etc.) and a good understanding of asset based technologies
• Familiarity with national and international asset management practices and standards (ISO55000/PAS55)
• Proven experience in a comparable role
• Business process analytics, business process review and business process re-engineering experience
• An ability to bring innovative approaches to client problems
• Experience with client relations management and business development
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Engineering, Computing sciences etc.)
• Institute of Asset Management Certified (Certificate or Diploma)
• 5+ years’ experience in directly relevant endeavors with a broader engineering or technology background
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).