Job description / Role
• Managing the planning and resource allocation for the project
• Managing a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers
• Attend meetings with the Client, Contractor and other Consultants
• Subcontract and contract administration
• Supervising the Contractor’s work to achieve construction in accordance with the contract documents
• Reviewing Contractor’s technical submissions
• Providing all necessary on-site directions and instructions
• Ensuring all materials and equipment meet the required specifications
• Ensure that the working procedure complies with the agreed method and recommend modification to the procedure if necessary, to solve any problems on site.
• Review existing designs and documents, and project plan and policy for implementation.
• Ensure that materials and equipment used on a project meet the required specifications.
• Establish and maintain project engineering records and report progress of the project.
• Site progress control with regards to safety, quality, time & within budget.
• Monthly report preparation.
• Variation review / approval.
• Regular visit to the construction site as per the contract.
• Preparation of construction contract in coordination with the quantity surveyor.
• Review and approval of periodical report.
• Manage the site as per the construction stage operation format, shop drawings, finishes and revision and coordinate with other departments for the same.
• Coordinate with the technical unit for reviewing NOCs and permit conditions though the construction stage.
• Update information through regular correspondence between the contractor and client.
• Minimum 15 years hand-on experience in Construction Industry
• Civil Engineering Degree or Equivalent Professional Training and Experience.
• Have as strong leadership, client facing & coordination skills
• Strong contract management skills are essential.
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.