Atkins Middle East
Job description / Role
Electrical engineers are responsible for designing electrical system of medium, large and complex projects. Electrical engineer perform tasks assigned independently with minimum guidance from the seniors in the discipline. Work is periodically reviewed by the Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer for accomplishment of objectives.
* Core Responsibilities:
• Implement project/client requirements into electrical design.
• Prepare electrical load list, schematic diagrams, single line diagrams, cable schedules and MTO using Smart Plant Electrical.
• Perform power system studies (short circuit, coordination, motor starting, arc flash, harmonics) using ETAP.
• Perform Insulation coordination and transient study using PSCAD or EMTP software.
• Perform calculations for equipment sizing, UPS, cable sizing, lighting, grounding and heat tracing.
• Prepare specifications, data sheets, cable schedules and interface schedules.
• Produce material take-off and material requisition.
• Review Bids and Technical Evaluation.
• Design and checking of single lines, schematics and wiring diagrams, area classification, grounding, panel/cable schedules, equipment layout, cable layout, tray layout, lighting and installation details without supervision.
• Review and coordinate electrical 3D model with the other disciplines.
• Review and coordinate electrical 2D AutoCAD/ Micro-station drawings.
• Supervise and coordinate the activity of a small group of drafters, junior/intermediate designers and/or junior/intermediate engineers.
• Review vendor drawings.
• Visit construction/plant sites and fabrication shops during design phase on as required basis.
• Provide construction support and perform pre-commissioning and start-up activities for electrical systems when required
* Core Requirements:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 5-10 years experience in detailed engineering and design of electrical works for large refinery / gas projects / power / Infrastructure projets in similar position.
• Fully familiar with international codes, standards and recommended practices standards like ANSI, IEEE, IEC, NEC, ISA, NEMA, CSA, UL, API, etc as well as area classification techniques as per NEC.
• Experience in electrical design using Smart Plant Electrical.
• Expertise in high,medium and low voltage systems.
• General knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
• Effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the design team in the resolution of project related issues.
• Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast paced multi-disciplinary team environment
* Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Transportation allowance
• Medical and life insurance cover
• 22 calendar days annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).