Professional Connections (Profco)
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
On Application SAR
On Application SAR
Brief about our client hospital
In mid 1980s, the organisation initiated a number of postgraduate programs in various medical fields and subspecialties. The organisation advanced medical facilities at King Abdulaziz Medical Cities in Riyadh, Jeddah and Al Ahsa have contributed to the success of these programs, and paved the way for the university’s inception in 2005.
The oraganisation’s headquarter is in Riyadh, but it has two additional campuses in Jeddah and Al Ahsa. Riyadh Campus hosts six colleges: College of Medicine, College of Dentistry, College of Pharmacy, College of Public Health and Health Informatics, College of Applied Medical Sciences, and College of Nursing. Jeddah Campus hosts two colleges; College of Medicine and College of Nursing. Al Ahsa Campus hosts two colleges; College of Applied Medical Sciences and College of Nursing.
Being under the umbrella of NGHA has given the university and its students access to King Abdulaziz Medical City in Riyadh, Jeddah and Al Ahsa; the most advanced medical complexes in the region. Furthermore, it has enabled the university to enhance its curricula and academic programs with clinical applications and training under the supervision of highly competent health professionals.
College of Nursing – Jeddah
The College of Nursing in Jeddah (CON-J) was established in September 2006, by the King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences (KSAU-HS).
CON-J is one of three Colleges of Nursing within the organisation, the Colleges were established by Royal Decree number 18226 dated Gregorian 11/9/1422H. CON-J is the second college and it is located in Jeddah, the Western Region of Saudi Arabia.
CON-J offers a Baccalaureate program in Nursing Science (BSN). The program is subject to accreditation by the Ministry of Higher Education. It aims at graduating independent, critical thinkers who are able to utilize their nursing education to work with ill and well individuals, families, and communities for promoting and maintaining good health, and to work with health professionals in delivering quality health care. It emphasizes professional attributes such as character, responsibility, cognitive maturity, cooperation and accountability.
The Program philosophy is to promote important values of caring derived from the religious heritage, historical tradition and cultural development of Saudi Society. The program aims to:
• Prepare quality graduates; at the level of undergraduate, and in the near future at the level of, postgraduate education, sufficiently equipped with the knowledge and skills to operate within the competency based health workplace of the 21st century.
• Pursue collaboration with local, regional and international academic and professional partners to maintain excellence in teaching and learning, practice and research.
• Play a leading local, regional and international role in setting standards of nursing education, practice and research.
• Operationalize the Saudization theme by developing Saudi academic staff through launching scholarship plans in various related postgraduate education programs.
• Maintain an academic environment, which is culturally and linguistically diverse.
• Create a physical environment where staff and students will feel a strong sense of national and professional values, commitment and belonging in the context of their work and study.
• Currently, CON-J delivers two undergraduate programs which offer a baccalaureate of science in nursing (BSN) for Saudi females: the first is known as Stream I, catering for high school graduates and extending over a period of 4 years. The second is known as Stream II, catering for University graduates who wish to join Nursing as a second career. The two programs are preceded by a foundation program of one semester, and followed by internship program of one year length.
In accordance with the mission statement of the King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences (KSAU-HS), the College of Nursing – Jeddah (CON-J) will provide a national and international center of excellence in nursing education, clinical practice, research, community service, and leadership in nursing.
CON- J will be a resource for knowledge that improves the quality of nursing practice and health care in Saudi Arabia. Our graduates will be clinicians, leaders, researchers, and scholars who are highly competent, grounded in a sense of inquiry, and committed to human caring. Students and faculty will collaborate in the discovery, integration, application, and dissemination of knowledge in nursing through intellectually stimulating and supportive environment that is respectful of diversity and that fosters individual and collective pursuits. Clinical excellence will be enhanced through innovative leadership, active learning, and collaboration to promote well-being in the society.
I- Contribute in overcoming the shortage of national nurses in Saudi Arabia and enhancing the quality of care through the professional excellence of graduates. The Baccalaureate Nursing program prepares graduates to practice as generalists across a variety of health care settings with diverse populations and provides foundation for leadership potential and graduate study. The graduates in nursing will:
• Demonstrate use of critical thinking skills in making informed judgment in the management of clients, families, groups, communities and population health.
• Integrate theory and research based knowledge from the arts, humanities, and sciences to develop a foundation for nursing practice.
• Provide direct and indirect care to a variety of client populations across the life span based on current knowledge, theory, and research.
• Provide care with respect for human dignity and uniqueness of the client, unrestricted by consideration of social, economic status, personal attributes, or the nature of the health problems.
• Take account of the influences of social, cultural, technological, political and economic forces on the health and life styles of people.
• Apply research-based knowledge from nursing and other sciences as the basis for practice.
• Collaborate with other members of the health team to define outcomes and provide cost-effective care.
• Demonstrate commitment to self-development and the advancement of the profession of nursing in a rapidly changing society through participation in educational, community and organizational activities.
• Demonstrate effective relationship skills in communicating and collaborating with clients, health care providers and members of the community.
II- Adopt teaching based on Evidence in a high tech environment.
• All courses reflect on up to date research,
• Course instructors utilize published research in preparing and delivering their lectures.
• Students at all levels are given the skills to identify and apply evidence in Nursing Education and practice.
• Provide a state-of-the-art environment for teaching and learning (i.e., resources such as computers, e-library, visual aids, modernized laboratories).
• Involve faculty in research activities.
III- Pursue excellence in clinical development
• Collaborate with the Nursing Division at outstanding hospitals to facilitate the training of the students.
• Allow Nursing Faculty to be actively involved with the Clinical training of students.
• Work closely with each student to ensure excellence in competently delivering nursing care.
• Clinical training takes place in a variety of settings including acute care hospitals, ambulatory care, public health, long-term care, and psychiatric care hospitals.
IV- Pursue collaboration with local, regional and international academic and professional partners to maintain excellence in teaching and learning, practice and research.
• Affiliate with outstanding international colleges of nursing, which establish leadership in problem based learning to convert and hence offer learning using Problem Based Learning Curriculum.
• Achieve national and international recognition for excellence in nursing education and contribution to the development of nursing education.
• Facilitate for faculty to network with national and international experts with records of successful scholarship in similar areas of teaching and research activities.
• Provide a leading local, regional and international role in setting standards of nursing education, practice and research.
• Maintain an academic environment, which is culturally and linguistically diverse.
• Be recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) as a WHO collaborating center for National Nursing Development in Primary Health Care.
V- Developing Saudi academic staff
• Launch scholarships for Saudi females in various postgraduate education programs that involve the following disciplines: Nursing, Basic Sciences, and English Language.
• Provide challenging opportunities to demonstrate commitment to self-development as strong leaders in their area of expertise.
• Promote their role in research as an essential component for professional advancement.
• Has an obligation to operationalize the Saudization theme in building permanent Saudi academic staff.
• Create an image where Saudi staff and students will feel a strong sense of national and professional values, commitment and belonging in the context of nursing as a life long career.
Department: Language and Culture
Benefit Group and salary scale will depend on the Academic Rank.
Don’t Miss: Content Writer – Arabic Job in UAE
• Master degree
• Degree in English or Education or related field
• One year Acadmic and educational Experience
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.