Location: Muscat, Oman
Job description / Role
– Working with various stakeholders in the airline, develop comprehensive communication strategies that supports the overall strategic direction of Oman Air.
– Support in the editorial planning; and lead in the creation and content development of internal and external corporate communication pieces including but not limited to press releases, media advisories, written content for social media, executive biographies, CEO and executive speeches, internal newsletters, annual reports, websites and social media
– Support in development executive presentation, speeches, taking points and prepare executive management for speaking engagements.
– Continuously explore and develop fresh and innovative story ideas through diverse channels to positively enhance awareness of Oman Air products and services.
– Work hand in hand with the public relations team and senior management to create messaging, content and strategies that will have a lasting positive impact, including current and new audiences.
– Liaise with all media, PR agencies and various media platforms (traditional and new media) to deliver appropriate messages and manage these relationship to strengthen the Oman Air brand awareness through positive stories.
– Manage proactive and reactive media relations to obtain and shape and corporate news coverage.
– Keep up to date with the latest in cultural and aviation trends, competitor development and overall tourism macro trends in the region.
– Monitor the effectiveness of communication pieces.
– Conduct research on relevant topics and develop, edit and proof-read copy for a variety of corporate communication purposes.
– Interpret copy writing brief into clear, attractive copy with a distinctive tone of voice that is appropriate for the Oman air brand.
– Ensure absolute clarity and precision in language, spelling, grammar whether the communication pieces is a biographical, technical or creative in style.
– Work under tight deadlines and pressure to deliver to quality standards with acute attention to details.
– Support the marketing, social media and e-commerce team in developing and improving the written word for activities such as advertising, campaign, headlines, body copy for print, website and social media including copy for all sales and commercial activities. Ensure that the written word is appropriate and improves the brand awareness and recognition of Oman Air.
– Where necessary formulate appropriate messages for sensitive and confidential material to the communicated to internal and external audiences.
– Support and lead when necessary for all communication’s relevant to crisis management in a timely and appropriate manner.
– Supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in a n efficient manner and in compliance with the set policies, processes and procedures.
– Responsible for checking draft, reviewing plans, making amendments and escalating to the head of Corporate Communications where appropriate.
– Undertake any other duties required by the Company.
– Simplify website by reviewing content and withdrawing unutilized content.
Don’t Miss: Customer Journey Officer Job in Doha, Qatar
– Bachelor degree in a related discipline preferably in Mass media / communication / Public Relation / journalism y field with 08 years of relevant experience in the Marketing section of which 03 years in a supervisory level and proven track record of effective communication in large scale projects within the airline / aviation industry.
– OR Specialized certificate /License in Marketing, English or Journalism with Secondary School and having 14 years of WY / Aviation experience in corporate communication of which the experience is extensively related to the written word.
– Post graduate qualifications in media relations and communications will be advantage.
Special Skills & Knowledge:
– Proficient in English (Spoken & Written) Proficient in MS office Excellent writing and proof-reading skills in English with an attention to details
– Arabic communication skills would be advantage.
– Excellent interpersonal, Customer and Public relationship skills with ability to communicate with diverse personalities in a tactful and mature manner.
– Excellent time Management skills to ensure multiple tasks simultaneously are completed within compressed timeframes whilst still maintain quality.
– Strategic and critical thinking skills required
– Ability to understand technical and business concepts and express these concepts in clear, concise communication pieces.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman’s Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman’s national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.