Swisslinx Middle East
Location: Muscat, Oman
Job description / Role
Logistics Manager – Oman
A leading international operating company is currently seeking a Logistics Manager to join them on a permanent basis in Muscat. The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of international experience, with at least 10+ years with operating companies.
• Provide assistance in the daily production, drilling, and project team.
• Responsible for managing a department with 60+ personnel.
• Responsible for the HSE of Field Logistics Support, Field camps, Muscat Support, Transport Vehicles, and the Journey Management operations.
• Responsible for the contract management of major contracts.
• Continuously improve efficiency of Operations while operating within the approved budget for operations.
• Responsible for consolidating internal client concerns and applying corporate leverage in negotiating solutions from our logistics service providers.
• Defines and implements Transportation and Logistics Policies and Procedures
• Develops strong relationships with operations, purchasing, and finance departments to ensure that company delivery standards are developed and achieved.
• Represents total service needs of the company. Takes steps to resolve the issues, mitigate risks, and improve overall services
• Recommends process improvements based on report data; perform root cause analysis and corrects
• Prepare Work Plan, Leads quarterly KPI reviews and annual operation planning
• Continuously learns and applies updated logistics techniques and adapt to changing logistics landscapes, keeping up with current trend and best practices.
• Responsible for the development of Logistics Team and development/execution of the training program for Logistics personnel.
• Performs additional duties as required.
• Develop personnel, with a focus on development of Omani personnel.
• Fluent in English Language (Speaking, reading, and writing)to effectively interact with multiple levels and functions within the organization
• Must be experienced in using ERP system and familiar with Microsoft applications such as word, excel, and PowerPoint.
• A BA/BS degree in Logistics Management or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 10 Years’ Experience in oil and gas Industry with strong knowledge and experience in International Logistics practice, supervising experience in managing hotels or remote camps, and wide understanding of fleet management
• Upstream land operations experience in Logistics and Operations field support
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach nationals
• Knowledge of security and safety issues, including techniques to increase safety and security
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.