Job description / Role
– Manage Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS and Ubuntu Servers;
– Maintain the systems, applications and infrastructure;
– Create backup and recovery policies;
– Monitor network communication;
– Update the system as soon as a new version of OS and the application software comes out;
– Password and identity management;
– Cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Openstack etc;
– Systems/applications/servers performance tuning;
– Contribute to and maintain system standards;
– Manage all internet applications including, but not limited to DNS, DHCP, FTP, Tomcat, LDAP, Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Sendmail, EximPostifix, MySQL, Postgres, GIT, SVN, Nagios, Munin, and Puppet.
– Analyze system logs and identify potential issues;
– Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing environments
– BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
– 1-9 years of relevant experience
– Problem solving skills; the ability to decide on the best solution for existing problems.
– Proficiency in writing scripts, and maintaining backups;
– Ability to work under pressure and multi-task;
– Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people;
– Regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues; administrator may resolve problems within established practices;
– Accomplish work with minimal supervision;
– Analytical thinking;
– Work proficiently and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
About the Company
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network in the Middle East based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels; as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel and New Media platforms. The group has expanded significantly in the last several years moving from one TV and radio channel to ten TV, four radio channels and a range of broadcast and news service companies. Additionally the Group operates a number of successful websites and is aggressively expanding its internet and multiplatform operations.