Job description / Role
Our client provides business access to payment facilities which are available for smartphone and desktop devices. They are currently looking to recruit an Information Security Engineer to be based in Bahrain
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for the development and delivery of a comprehensive information security program for Og Group. The scope of this program is wide and includes information in electronic, print and other formats.
The Purposes Of This Program Include:
• Assure that information created, acquired or maintained by Og and its authorized users, is used in accordance with its intended purpose
• Protect Og information and its infrastructure from external or internal threats and
• Assure that Og complies with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding information access, security and privacy
• Serve as the Information Security subject matter expert for the company.
• Development and maintenance of effective Information Security Policies, Procedures, and Standards.
• Define, create and maintain the documentation for certification and accreditation of each information system in accordance with regulatory requirements (PCI, ISO etc.)
• Maintain the Security Awareness Program
• Responsible for Incident management – reporting and process
• Work closely with Information Technology professionals responsible for user security and access controls to review levels of access.
• Maintain strong understanding of technology used to support Information Security initiatives (network/system scanners, Firewalls, Internet/Email Filtering, Encryption, Anti-malware, Network Access Control, and Identity Management etc.)
• Review systems in order to identify potential security weaknesses, recommend improvements to mitigate vulnerabilities, implement changes and document upgrades
• Applicant must exercise strict confidentiality in daily operations.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Information Security, computer science or a closely related field.
• Three (3) or more years of Information Security experience.
• Relevant information security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, or GIAC) or the ability to gain a certification within 6 months of hire.
• Because of the constant developing nature of information systems and cyber-attacks, must be committed to continuous learning and system development.
• Knowledge of Financial Services industry.
• Experience in the Bahraini market is preferred
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering