Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
The Database Engineer is in charge of :
– The support and maintenance of SQL Data bases (mainly oracle, but also DB2, MS SQL, Postgres, Mysql, MariaDB in various environment (SUN SOLARIS, Windows, Linux), used in the delivery of specialised security systems on customer premises.
– Data preparation and analysis
– Creating / Maintaining Reports and dashboards from the given databases.
– Knowledge in GIS (Oracle Spatial, PostGIS) could be useful.
– As all the members of the ESIS Support Team, he / she is expected to conduct its responsibilities in exact compliance with the standards defined in the relevant Service Level Agreements or contracts, in order to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and to ensure the task of support and maintenance is carried out in an efficient way.
– The works may involve access to sensitive data.
– As part of the Support Team, he / she reports to the Support Team Leader.
The main functions involved in the position are:
– Be a point of contact for the Customer and the team regarding technical subject related to the support and maintenance of databases.
– Execute the technical support and maintenance activities according to the contract requirements.
– Deliver and implement onto the system the solutions proposed in accordance with the operational constraints.
– When and where applicable, analyse or implement database solutions in the frame of proposals, projects and systems.
– Liaise with customers, third party engineers, suppliers and sub-contractors as required by the Management.
– Prepare data
– Do data cleansing
– Build Reports
This position requires competences in the following work streams:
– Server Operating System and Application Maintenance (MS Windows / CentOs, SUN/SOLARIS / Oracle DB / MSSQL / Postgres / MySQL / MariaDB
– Fault finding, diagnosis and resolution
– Install, patch and upgrade systems
– Archiving and backups
– Write SQL Query
– Use Advanced ETL solution for data transformation
– Testing and bringing systems into service
– Assist with the investigation of issues and bugs
– Assist with customer acceptance testing
– Assist with taking systems into live operation.
– Software development capacity for database reporting
– Use of different framework for Report generation (oracle FORM, oracle APEX, OBIEE, C#)
– Batch processing using Python script 4. Documentation
– Produce accurate technical records and equipment drawings for support
Required Skills & Experience:
– MCSA SQL Server
– Oracle Certification
– In the DBA field:
• Experience >= 7 years with advanced configurations (multi-node, resilience, load balancing, RAC, ASM, Dataguard)
• Experience of installing / patching / cloning and upgrading SQL & Oracle systems
• Tuning and troubleshooting
• Enterprise Manager (oracle web administration application)
• Oracle Database SAN / Logical and Clustered file systems
– In the Data Engineering field:
• Mastering programming languages C#, python
• Mastering the use of ETL
– Cultural awareness and sensitivity, strong internal and external interpersonal skills
– Able to handle changing and often tense contexts
– Rigorous, organized and self-motivated
– Autonomous and flexible.
– MCSA SQL 2008 / 2012 certification
– Oracle 11G and current Administrator Certified Professional
– HA architecture and implementation.
– knowledge of VMWare
– Knowledge of Windows and Linux
– EMC Storage.
– OBIEE, Oracle Form, Oracle APEX,
– Implementing and Administering SQL Data Warehouse
– Knowledge of SUN/SOLARIS
– Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012 installation and administration
– Knowledge in the domain of GIS
About the Company
Amaris is an international Technologies and Management Consulting Group with more than 50 locations around the world.
Our business consists in supporting our clients in carrying out their projects. We act within their organisation to help them improve effectiveness and enhance performance. Our knowledge of their business sectors, coupled with our functional and technical expertise enable us to offer them the best guidance to achieve their goals.
Amaris added value lies in the quality of its teams and their attention to detail, as well as in the way the company capitalises on their knowhow. Every employee is encouraged to develop a proactive, efficiency-oriented working style in order to provide only the most innovative solutions.