20 fall ill after eating momos from road-side stall

0
211
20 fall ill after eating momos from road-side stall

New Delhi: What is among the top favourites among street food items across India became hazardous for 20 people who fell ill after eating momos from a street vendor in Indirapuram, close to Delhi.

News agency ANI reported that the incident took place on Thursday when at least 20 people reported stomach pain after eating momos from a road-side stall. They were rushed to a local hospital where they are receiving treatment. Local police officials investigating the incident found that all who had complained of stomach pain had bought momos from one particular vendor.

Don’t Miss: Mohit Gupta joins Zomato as CEO – Food Delivery

Police have arrested 10 people who were involved with making and selling of the momos here and are now probing the ingredients used and the conditions in which they are prepared.

People are repeatedly urged by health officials to avoid road-side food – especially during monsoon season. The possibility of food contamination rises manifold during the rainy season and reports of food poisoning begin to climb.